When was the last time you actually went to the movie theaters? For most people, the answer would be quite a while, and this is mainly due to the massive interruption that Covid-19 has caused in our lives, but even before that — the movie industry was on the decline.
Even with movies like Avengers Endgame generating the most ticket sales for any movie in history, the entertainment and movie industry is hurting badly thanks to the new streaming wars taking place. And if you are going to spend your hard earned money, you will want to make sure the experience is worth it!
However, the movies will still be nostalgic and entertaining for many of us. And with this in mind, today we are going to look at some of the most interesting facts about movie theaters, that you probably didn’t know about.
10 Quick and Interesting Facts About Going to the Movies
When it comes to going to the movies, it’s not just about the movies. As pointed out by BrightSide, there are plenty of other interesting things going on at the same time.
- The biggest part of the profit isn’t earned by ticket sales. It’s all of the crazy money being spent on popcorn and soda that really rakes in the money!
- There’s a lot of piracy. Next time you are at the movies, see if you can spot anyone recording the movie from a camera or their mobile device.
- A younger audience can watch adult-rated movies. Once you get past the front ticket person, anyone can pretty much go where ever they like.
- Viewers cry, weep, and run out of the hallways. It happens all the time, as movies usually bring out emotions in all of us.
- Creative ways to sneak in food. Hey, movie food is expensive, so people are getting quite sneaky about bringing their own food and candy in.
- Many people avoid 3D films. It’s not just about the tickets being pricier, the movies in 3D can also be more straining on the eyes as well.
- If there’s something wrong with the picture, the projection booth worker won’t help. Were you a person that yelled “screen!” from your seat?
- Cinema halls are full of garbage on weekend nights. Way too much people with way too much garbage…
- People often fight at the movies. Whether it’s talking, being on the phone or just sitting too long in a seat… the movies is a wonderful place to cause some chaos.
- You are being watched! While everyone is watching the big screen, the security cameras in the sky are watching you!
Remember this Next Time You Go to the Movies
Now that you’ve had a nice helping of information and stats about the movie industry and how theaters make money, be sure to think about them the next time you go buy pop corn or register for your tickets online.
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to share it with friends. For even more top lists and interesting facts, check out the latest content being shared on Get Paid for Your Opinions.